Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kazan's Sketch #25



Birthday Wishes!!!


from the side, that butterfly rocks!


up close, yes, I am Happy Happy with this card ;)


cute cute, I like the border! (Basic Grey)


Hey there peeps, Another sketch challenge all thanks to Kazan over at 2S4Y and Spring DT Savitri (love her!) I am supposed to be studying for finals but here I am not being able to fight the urge to make a card...I know! I just couldn't resist such cool sketches! So, the cards are gorgeous! And I dunno if you can tell but there is this one stamp that I'm obsessed with right now...Anywhos, I used some DP from SU! which I think it;s called Urban Oasis and some from Basic Grey from there Wisteria Collection. For the one based on Kazan's sketch I found a star template that I could print on google.com and cut it out using brown cardstock, took my crimper and crimped away! It adds pretty good texture. Then I used this awfully cute butterfly from Basic Grey and thought it would go nicely with the star! And on Savitri's sketch I used by Coluzzle to cut out the oval shape and crimped it too, and then there's that stamp of mine that I can't get enuf. I will say doh, at first I didn't think the colors would look good but brown and purple go nice! I should pair them more often! Hope you like!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

7 comments:

Kazan Clark said...

These are both so striking Clouds! I love the black and the pops of color against the neutral.
Thanks for playing along with both sketches.
Hugs
Kazan

cheryln said...

Absolutely stunning cards! I just love your work!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowzers! These are both gorgeous!! Great job with the sketches!

Liv said...

wow... what a great combination! lovely cards!
Liv

Savitri said...

I could have sworn I commented on these cards!!!! They're AWESOME!!!! I LOVE them both!!!

I also want to say: CONGRATS!! WHOOWHOO, yeah for the 2S4Y DT team!!!!!! You'll have soooooooooooo much fun!!! You deserve it and WOW, awesome cards you've submitted there!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with the next 3 months (and more!!!!)

Lulu said...

Your vcards are awesome! Congreats on making the new team!! It's so much fun!

CeeCee said...

Wow, your projects never cease to amaze me. This is beautiful, Clouds!