Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Laura's sketch #24



the cork sheet scalloped punch out! Love it.


from the side, a contrast of colors on the DP.


you can barely see the sentiment "Happy Birthday" but I 
did that on purpose, up close it has a subtle look to it.


So, here's my card for this wk's challenge over at 2S4Y it's based on Laura's sketch #24. There were so many things that I figured would work with this card, ultimately I went with the focal point of the card being the cork scalloped punch out. If you haven't used cork sheets to do cut out for your cards, you should try it! It really add that unique element to your projects and it's really easy to use. I used the a 1 1/4 circle punch and the scalloped circle punch from SU! to punch out the image. I did it this way so that you can still see the cute aqua-ish colored ribbon and the damask style cut out in the background. I used a woodgrain DP from AC and brown polka dot DP from I believe is from Making Memories. Pretty cute! Tell me what you think!

If you would like to see a pic of how the cork sheets look like click here It's one of Dawn McVey's post where she shows you how to use them.  So check it out!

Take it easy,
Clouds :o)

11 comments:

Laura Davis said...

WOW!!! I just adore your work, you always seem to take your work to the next level:) Thanks for playing!
Laura
p.s. my daughters name is Claudia :)

Angela said...

Very pretty, love the addition of the cork...

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

I really like how you made the Happy Birthday subtle. That scallop cork is really nice with the ribbon behind it! Pure genuis! Love your work!

Bentov Anat said...

This is beautiful, I love the colors and the addition of the cork

My Blog
Digital Designs Blog
Albums
My ETSY

cheryln said...

what an unique and gorgeous card! love the cork!!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! Great take on the sketch!! Such great texture, and it looks earthy and wood grainy for the Moxie challenge! Such a great message!

Angelnorth said...

Love the textural stuff going on here - looks great!

Savitri said...

What a sweet sweet card! You just get better and better everyday!!!!

Nadine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog last week. Your card is beautiful!

- Nadine -

Martha said...

This card is gorgeous!!!! Love this take on the sketch :)

Anonymous said...

Complementary Medicine Magazines And Uk
http://www.foodfashionofindia.com/ - finasteride mg
Some studies on users suggest that Propecia may cause decrease in sexual sensitivity, libido, erection time and semen.
[url=http://www.foodfashionofindia.com/]buy propecia[/url]

Allergy is other most common side effect.
propecia finasteride
Seek immediate medical help if you experience any of these problems.