Monday, June 8, 2009

2S4Y Kazan's Sketch #28



from the side!



up close with that awesome flower I made!


Good morning ladies! Today brings us Kazan's Sketch #28 for this wk's 2S4Y sketch challenge. Also, a new sketch for the UCS Top 30 finalists! They have a different card sketch to go by and can't wait for their awesome creations! Visit 2S4Y to join the weekly sketch or to see the Top 30 finalists unveil their cards!

Ok, on to the card! I used Theresa Collins PP for the background
 and for the focal point of the card I used a oval scalloped punch (Marvy Uchida) for the cork skeet punch out! I love using it! I also bought (for a great bargain price) a wedding stamp set at Archiver's, can't remember the name of the set but if you look at their 50-70% off stamp sets you'll find it! The sentiment is supposed to read "Finally, just the two of us." You can't see it clearly on the pics but it's real cute! 
And I'm so proud of myself for making my very own crochet flower! Yes, I can do some crochet here and there :D I learned it in high school (a while back) and once in a while I'll try and crochet some flowers just to make sure I still possess the art! I found this really cool pattern over at Papertrey Ink (Nichole's blog- click here to see the pattern), she has amazing instructions and pics, and very easy to follow, I'm guessing you'd have to know a tad bit about crocheting but it's real simple! And I added this cute pink button and of course, some Martha Stewart ribbon! Hope you like and hope you have a wonderful wk!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

13 comments:

Anja (scrappie) said...

Wow great card and I love that flower.

Latisha said...

Holy Moly girl, this is amazing...love it!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is amazing, such great textures with the cork and the flower! And shut up! You made that flower?! Blow me away!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

I love all the work you put into this card! Beatiful !!

Scoobie said...

I love the 3D effect on your card! And the home made flower is super cute!

~amy~ said...

I absolutely a♥dore this!!!

KimmyS said...

And you SHOULD be proud because that flower is the cutest ever!!!
I totally love your unique style - your cards are always so stylish and fresh and this is no exeption

Angela said...

Very pretty, love how you used the cork and what a great flower. Beautiful...

Savitri said...

This is just too pretty!!! I love it! You keep getting better and better!!!!

Dora said...

Great card, and I love that handmade flower!

Dora

Randee E said...

Such amazing cards you have. I Love your simple yet fresh and funky style!! I have some friends that have mastered Nicoles' crocheted flowers and they are simply amazing. Luckily they like to share, 'cause me and needles don't work so well together :0) Great work!

creationsceecee said...

Wow, I haven't been to your blog in a while so forgive me. I lost a bit of my favorites when I converted to MAC. Was looking at all your wonderful projects and they're all just so amazing!
CC

sarahmartina said...

What a beautiful card!