Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Card for Nan!









Cute cute, I love it :D

So, hubby's Grandma (Nan) is having her birthday here pretty soon, so I figured I'd better make her card before I get swamped with school work this wk! I wanted to make it very girl and with lots of fun cute colors, I think I did it! I used some awesome PP from Basic Grey and some cute ribbon from AC and one of the cute yellow crochet buttons I made! I also wanted to point out the stitching on the border of the card (if you can see it)! I bought a little sewing machine so I could sew borders on my card, it came out great! It took me forever to get a decent straight line and also to get better at actually using it, hehe. I love it! (got it at Michael's for half off with a coupon, called Easy Stitcher on the sewing section) I also used Just Right Stamps for the sentiment, it hangs from the ribbon, not sure if you can see but it does! I colored the cute little flower vase in, so adorable! I think she'll like huh? Anywhos, hope your Sun was restful! And I'll 'see' you gals tomm here for some 2S4Y weekly sketch challenge!

Hugs
Clouds :D

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

What a super cute card!! Love the fun colors, that ribbon and your crochet flower is to die for!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

What a cute card she 'll love it.

thefrugalcrafter said...

I love that little crocheted flower! I just bought some DMC floss to make my own! Love all the pretty projects on your blog, off to check out more!