Monday, July 6, 2009

Dawn McVey's Color Challenge #11



I am very happy with this one :D

Ooh! two posts in 1 day, how awesome for me :D So, Many of the ladies whose blog I visit participated on Dawn's color challenge #11, at first I didn't like the colors but as I saw more and more beautiful creations I got the itch to make one! I am so glad I didn't miss out on this one, hehe. So, here is my card, fairly simple and I wanted to keep it that way because the colors are very bold! I used a green flower die cut from SU! and button as well. for the gray card stock I used my awesome wood stamp from Hero Arts, bright pink damask PP (both found at Michael's) and some black PP from AC that I punched out for the middle of the card, tadah! So, the thank you sentiment is from Kelly Panicci their owl stamp set (not sure what the specifics are). This card goes out to two wonderful friends Mark and Alejandra who invited us to spend the 4th of July with them, I love them :D So, maybe I'll see if I can squeeze in another card tonite if I can, tomm I start classes again!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

27 comments:

Meredith said...

This is great! I love that wood background stamp!

Sue Lelli said...

I didn't realize the wood was a stamp! I thought it was paper! VERY nice card!

Laura Davis said...

Oooohhh I love this ;)
Laura

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

This is fabulous Clouds! Way to rock those colors!! :)

tg said...

Love this -- what a great card.

Karen said...

Fabulous card! Love that woodgrain stamp....I need to remember to use mine! Thanks for the inspiration. :>

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! This is perfection!

P.S.....LOVE your name!

dannisdoodles said...

I am so glad you did because this is striking & beautiful, sigh, love it ♥

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty card! TFS

Randee E said...

Cute cute card! And I LOVE that wood stamp. Your 2s4u cards are awesome too :0)

Mimi said...

This card is gorgeous in it's simplicity! Love it!~

by Ine Tettamanti said...

super cute!

~amy~ said...

Oh Clouds, this is really magnificent...fabbie card...it's gorgeous!

naomi Chokr said...

Cute cute cute!!!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the simple design!

cheryln said...

fabulous! that color combination is so striking!

Savitri said...

So so awesome!! LOVE this!! So simple yet stunning. A winner for sure. I had a hard time with the colors. I think I needed more white but hey, it was fun :)

thescrapmaster said...

GORGEOUS card! I love everything about this card. SPCC is having a DT call right now, I hope you will come over and check it out!
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

Cami said...

I like your card. Thanks for sharing!

Ange Kelly said...

Just gorgeous!

sarahmartina said...

Oh girl... this card is right up my alley! I love it! LOVE it! I think I submitted my card too late or something... the link was there, then it disappeared. :( It's posted on my blog still tho.

Anway, great card! :)

Jane said...

love it!

Ann said...

Gorgeous! Love what you did with Dawn's colors!

Cindy said...

Yet another beautiful card by you, Clouds!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Beautiful card it is.

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! This is CAS and fantastic!!! You nailed the challenge!

Deanna said...

Love this one!