Thursday, July 23, 2009

Travel Inspiration #3



from the side.


love this look. :o)

Hey ladies, almost the end of the week here! Time does fly when yer busy. So, a quick post today. I made this card for Tina's (Travelingmama) travel challenge #3. Very cool colors, based of the pic on the right. The pic was submitted by Amy from here trip to Western Quebec. The card is not at all kiddy-like nor nautical, for some reason I felt like making this type of card, a simple yet elegant. If you've seen some of my earlier/previous work, sometimes I tend to not put sentiments on cards. Just because I don't even imagine them having something to say, I guess that comes later to me. The card's damask is from a SU! stamp set- Friends 24/7, the yellow crochet flower that I made myself, some embroidery ribbon, a nice soft blue color that I just wrapped on the card, very easy to make but yet a dramatic effect, and lastly some brads and the faux-stitching. Hope you like!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

15 comments:

Maria L. said...

Your card is stunning. Love the layout, how you combined damask with a crocheted flower, as well as the colors you chose. Such a funky, but really pulled-together card.

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the damask stamp and I need to learn to crochet! Is it hard?

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

WOOOO WOOOO - the CUTE CARD POLICE just pulled you over!! :) This is simply cute. I sketched something out for this challenge, but now I need to start over! :)

sarahmartina said...

Well I "think" I like it too!!! This is gorgeous. You always know how and when and where to use color. Love it! I'm with Ashley, I need to get this one done pronto! :-) Awesome.

travelingmama said...

Ashley's comment is cracking me up! Yes, if making a cute card is illegal then lock you up! LOL! Seriously, love your card!! Hope to see you play along this week! It's going to be a good one! Hugs!

Vanessa said...

This is adorable!!! I love your card, just perfect!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura O'Donnell said...

awesome-tastic!

Naomi Chokr said...

so chic i love it!!!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...love the damask!

Savitri said...

It's awesome!!!! Love it, even if it's not nautical or kiddy. Whatever inspires you ;)

Cindy said...

This is GORGEOUS, Clouds!!! Very elegant! And those crocheted flowers are great!!! Can you teach me how to make those? :)

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty card!! Great take on the inspiration pic!! Are those yummy crochet flowers on sale in your etsy shop yet?! hee! hee!

Likes Chocolate said...

Your card is fantastic!

thescrapmaster said...

Love it!! I love the clean lines!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator - Come play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

tiggertastic said...

Your cards are so different, what a joy to see
sarah x