Friday, July 31, 2009

An Unexpected Visit Back Home....

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that I had to take an unexpected trip back home. My grandma passed away yesterday early in the AM. I will miss her. My childhood wasn't typical but nonetheless a loving one, partly because my grandma raised me for a portion of my life and so very influential to me. My grandma was very much loved by all her family, so it's safe to say she left in peace. I guess the only thing I regret is that I was so far away to miss her passing, but oh well, that is life huh? But I did get to talk to her on the phone and she knew I was on my way to see her, so I am sure she understood. I will be back next wk with a card. 

 (I usually post a card today but since I am way that is not possible, but I did make one for Tina's  Travel Inspiration Challenge, which you can see on her blog. I will try to post it on my blog as soon as I can get a a chance to which I am sure you will understand :D ) 

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

15 comments:

sarahmartina said...

So sorry about your loss Clouds. We'll be praying for you and your family.

~amy~ said...

Clouds, I'm sooo sorry about your loss...hang in there!!

Angie Tieman said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, sending you big hugs, my friend.

cheryln said...

Hugs Clouds...I am so very sorry for the loss of your grandma.

Chrisd said...

Thinking of you with the death of your Grandma. Your memories will always keep her close to you!Hugs from Michigan

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of cyber hugs.

Tethered2Home said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you. Amy.

Cindy Lee said...

I'm sorry for you loss, Clouds. Lots of hugs to you.

KimmyS said...

Huge hugs to you Clouds.
I still miss my nan terribly so I am sure I can relate to your sadness.

Keep your shin up and remember all the fun you had with he.

Sending you love and hugs
K

Lynnette said...

Sorry for the loss of your grandma. You and your family are in my prayers. I wish you safe travels as you go back for her memorial services.

Savitri said...

Sorry about your loss. Lotsa hugs to you!!!

Randee E said...

Grandma's are the best things ever! It sounds like you were very close to her and I'm sure she will be stil be looking after you from above :0) Enjoy your time with your family and all the sweet memories of her.

DottyJo said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Big hugs to you, Jo x

Maria L. said...

I thought my post took, but I guess it didn't. I'm so sorry for your loss. Safe travels home and I hope that you get a chance to enjoy your time with your family and take comfort in the wonderful memories that you have of your grandmother.

Rose said...

Hi Clouds - I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I can totally empathize because I, too, spent a lot of time with my grandma growing up - she helped raise me as well. I think what helped me through was thinking about all the cherished memories that would bring a smile to my face. Even though she's no longer here, you definitely feel the deep impression she leaves in your heart when you think of her :)

xo,
Rose

ps - thanks for stopping by my blog. I definitely got inspiration from your photo!