Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Holidays


Happy Holidays
Originally uploaded by CloudsShadler

Hey there peeps,

TGIF! No kidding, I've been waiting for Fri since Mon, hehe, partly cuz I had a brutal Thurs- exams :o[ But anywhos, today I'm sharing with you a Holiday card! I luv luv luv my brand new EpicSix die cut/embossing tool! YEY! I purposely took hubby to Archiver last wkend cuz they were having a sale on the EpicSix ($60 usually sold for $70 but some places $80) And I told him that it's what I wanted for this holiday since I don't have one, and we got sold on the tool, we got a demo and all, so now I'm breaking it out with my new embossing plate, hee hee.

Ok, the card is super cute and really not much too it. I got this holiday embossing plate (which is actually from Cuttlebug but can be used with the EpicSix) and figured it would like nice as the main theme of the card, I was right! Tied some ribbon and button, added a snowflake and sentiment and Voila! tell me what you think! The only thing I don't like about the embossing is that it warps the card, not sure if it's the card stock I used or the type of embossing plate I used, do any of you have a problem like this when you emboss cards?

Last thing, Torendi is still having their SALE- going on through Nov 16th. There's still time to get your goodies using the discount they're offering! Japanese imports are 15% off now through the 16th
and our Japanese stamps are 30% off, KILLER DEAL :) Also Torendi is sponsoring Sketchy Thursdays, you can win goodies by participating so check them out!

Ok Flick post, click on the pic for larger few, more pics and card supplies!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

4 comments:

Laura O'Donnell said...

super cute! enjoy your new tool!

sarahmartina said...

I LOVE this card! I love that you don't try to fill the card up with other stuff to compete with the embossed design. It's perfect.

I have that warping problem sometimes, too. Particularly when I emboss the entire front of the card. You can sort of see it on my last post how the card sort of "bends" forward a bit. I use a Big Shot. We're both die cutting machine newbies! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my, this is totally darling!!! I need that Cuttlebug folder, I love snowmen! Hmmm, I haven't heard of that EpicSix, but it sounds pretty cool! Congrats!

Cindy Lee said...

This is C-U-T-E!! Love the embossing and that green ribbon! The snowflake is a perfect touch!

I have that problem too...not sure if it's too heavy on one side of the card.