Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thanks


Thanks
Originally uploaded by CloudsShadler
Hey there peeps,

A card here using my new Flower die from Nestabillities. I got it for half off over at Joann's, yup, with their coupon you can get them for a lot cheaper, they don't carry a lot of the dies but there are some cute one to choose from! Ok, so Maile got me going on making a flower card ever since I saw here make this one here. I guess it's safe to say I pretty much CASED it, sorta, at least on the flower :D Looks a lot like one flower card I made before, but this one the stitched stem and faux-stitching dominate the card. Pretty simple and girly like!

Question: if you use Nestabillities dies and you use them on other die cutting machines other than a Wizard, how do you use yer cutter to do the embossing so that it's well defined? As you can see, mine isn't well embossed on the edges, any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Flickr Post: click on the pic for larger view and a complete list of card supplies.

Have a great Sun,
Clouds :D

14 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous!! Love your colors here! I loved that flower card she made too, nice take on it!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Super cute! Maile is the best and super cute and sweet!

Do you have an embossing mat? Add that with about 3 sheets of cardstock to your sandwich and emboss. I use Cuttlebug and it works.

CeeCee said...

That's so pretty. I love the Nestie die.
CC

sarahmartina said...

I just love how you use color... Love it. Your blog name is so appropriate. Lol! I have a Big Shot and I haven't figured out the sandwich yet. I need to, though. Lol... good luck with that! :o)

Ann said...

Cute card! Do you use a Cuttlebug? The sandwich I use for it is: plate A, Nestie, cardstock, cutting mat, 2-3 sheets of scrap cardstock, both B plates.

Maile Belles said...

Wow, just gorgeous!!! You've takin the idea and completely made it your own, love it!

~amy~ said...

super CUTE card...love the buttons!

Cheryl Nelson said...

fabulous card!! love that flower with the buttons!

Savitri said...

Cute card!!! Do you have the tan mat? I use that and a few pieces of card stock. Start with one and then keep adding until you find the perfect balance (and still not break your die cut machine).

Have fun!!!!

Pat said...

This card makes me smile...it's a real day brightener!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card Miss Clouds!!!

Cindy Lee said...

This card is sooo pretty!!! You really make the flowers your own! Love it!

Courtney Baker said...

I use the embossing pad and it works like a charm with my big shot. Great card Clouds!

Anthonette said...

I loved Maile's card too. Your version is awesome as well!