Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sponge Stamping Technique!


Thanks!
Originally uploaded by CloudsShadler

Hello peeps
A card here today, I made this card last night, I really like the idea of a silhouette created by sponge stamping (not sure if that's how you refer to the technique but it works for me :) Last night I watched Ashley Cannon Newell's vlog, click HERE, and she bought this paper that had a butterfly silhouette on it and I thought, well that seems pretty easy to create, so I did. All I used was ink, sponge dabber, and a butterfly punch. Studio Calico has done a tutorial for this technique using glimmer mist but the idea is still there, click HERE. I just thought it was very neat, and it turned out quite well! I'll be using this more often! Would you? Let me know! Anyhwhos, I hope yer wk is going well so far, this wk went by so fast!

On another note, when you leave a comment you'll notice that I set the procedure back to having a word verification, and that's because I started having some weird spam on random post as comments, and it's just a pain having to go back and delete them all, bummer but sorry :(

Flickr Post: click on the pic for larger view and complete list of supplies!

Take it easy,
Clouds :D

4 comments:

Savitri said...

Cute!!! I like the music sheet paper and the pink on it is really contrasty.

I've tried this but mine didn't quite turn out right. Maybe the image was just too big. I got the Heidi Swapp masking stuff. Huge leaves/butterflies... I can't remember... I kept going with my scrap page but it was maybe I pushed too hard. I'll have to revisit this... :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

simply gorgeous!

Maile Belles said...

Ha! I found that PP inspiring too! Still have yet to give it a try. You did a wonderful job, looks fabulous!

Hope your new PTI order comes soon, can't wait to see what all you got and what you create!

Courtney Baker said...

CUTE!