Saturday, March 22, 2014

happy bday card

happy bday card by CloudsShadler
happy bday card, a photo by CloudsShadler on Flickr.
hello peeps,

A birthday card here today! Let me start off by saying that this card is inspired by no other than Ms. Wida Miller (Beachorado). I received new stamps sets this week and was eager to try them out. I quickly channeled Wida's style - when I think of Wida's card, there are stamped backgrounds, die cutting, layering and lots of colors. I think I did well huh? I really wanted to use the hexagon background and I ran it through the die cutting machine once and it didn't cut all the way, well, I made it work anyways! I'm very happy with the end results :) Do click on the pic for list of supplies. Do let me know what you think!

Take care,
Clouds :)

3 comments:

Wida said...

I only wish I could make a card like this. It still speaks Claudia to me, but I love that you have dissected who I am as a designer and I think you are right!

I love it as I love everything you make my dear friend.

Laura B. said...

Beautiful!!!! I think you channeled Wida well! This does look a bit like her and you together, which makes for a wonderful combo!

Danielle Flanders said...

This is sooo cute! xo
Danielle