Monday, February 16, 2015

Belated Birthday Wishes card



Hello Peeps -

Today I'm sharing a belated birthday card I made last night. I really like this card because of the burst of colors and layout. I've made a conscious effort to work outside my usual go-to layouts and been playing around with how I position accessories and sentiments. Of course, the layering won't go away :) What about you? Is there a "go-to" layout you are most conformable with your cards?

The next thing I had fun making on this card was the flower arrangement. It's actually a die from Stampin' Up! that I bought ages ago but the flower was big enough to fit most of the card, so I cut out the flowers and leaves from patterned paper. Pretty huh?

Well, I hope you have a good start to your week. I have the day off today due to "President's Day" - I'll take it :)

Card Supplies:
Elle's Studio - patterned paper
Stampin' Up! - die cut
Cuttlebug
PTI - Inside & Out birthday sentiments stamps
Stapler
Memento - black ink

Take care,
Claudia


3 comments:

Brandi said...

You're so lucky being off today. Jealous! Love the patterned paper throughout your card and you rocked the flower!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That flower is gorgeous! Love the bright pop of color. I'm with you on the layering--it's perfect and a great combo of papers! Happy President's Day! Enjoy your day off!

richardbreaks said...

Loop, that flower reminds me of a big red hibiscus flower! I love it! Great job layering those papers, too. Yum!