Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Birthday - Beautiful Brushstrokes



Hello peeps -

I've got a card to share with you today and it's really the best card on my blog this year so far. I am really happy in the way this card turned out - the color combination, the patterned paper - everything. This weekend I got to visit my craft pal Danielle Flanders (Homespun with Heart) and was able to do some crafting with her today (always happy to craft with her). I was also lucky to stamp with one of the Make-It-Market kits (Beautiful Brushstrokes - and sadly no longer available - boo!). 

If you asked me last night if I had any kind of motivation to craft, I would've said nope - and look at what I came up with today. Do you ever get into a craft block? I do. I find that the longer I craft in between projects, the worst my ability to craft gets. I try to craft as much as I can and that normally or always happens during the weekends. During the week days, I work and by the time I get home, there's not much energy or motivation to craft.

Anyhoot - back to the card - I do like the bit of layering with the flowers and the way the colors of the stamping pull from the colors of the patterned paper - that was intentional. I also like the sentiment - this is also from another Papertrey Ink set (see below for card supplies). I'm running low on my card stash at work, so this card will go with me to work tomorrow.

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you - have you been crafting lately?

Take care,
Claudia :)

Card Supplies:
Papertrey Ink: (Beautiful Brushstrokes) stamp set; (Hooray) stamp set & assorted ink pads
Gossamer Blue: (March - Main Add-On Kit '15) kit
Sequins
Memento: (black0 ink pad



2 comments:

Brandi said...

Girl you are right this card is awesome. I tend to craft on the weekends too for the same reasons. Beautiful!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Always love when we get together! :) You make gorgeous cards!