Sunday, July 5, 2015

watercolor bouquets


Hello Peeps -

I've got lots of cards and pictures to share with you today. I made these beautiful water color bouquets and I am feeling accomplished! I started out scoping the internet with watercolor images of everything floral and looking for inspiration for an idea I thought I'd like to try. Maybe it's beginner's luck that these came out so well, we'll see. I took out my watercolor palette and gave the flower doodling a couple tries before I started on some clean water color paper. I really love that the colors are bright and fun.


Above is the trio of cards photographed - I really didn't have much of a pattern in mind until I figured I could start out with small flower images and leaves.  Cool huh?


The first card is really a blend of some tulips, roses and periwinkle flowers that I thought would showcase the variety of flower images and leaves using different shades of green. I think this is my favorite of the three.


The second card reminds me of some cute purple buds and tiny orange mums along with some red roses here and there. There really isn't much rhyme of reason to the placement of the images.



The last card (the first card I made actually) has more warmer colors - reds, orange and rose red colors. I also added some cute star like patterns to include more color and whimsy-ness to the card.

I hope I've inspired you to take out your watercolor palette and start doodling away. Now that I've made these there is a burst of ideas for patterns and styles running in my head. Do you like to watercolor? The cards didn't take too long to make, save perhaps having to wait for the images to dry but the watercolor paper is really good at absorbing the colors in.

Leave me a note if you like the cards - do you have a favorite of the three?

Card Supplies:
Artist's Loft: watercolor palette & brushes
Canson: watercolor paper pad
American Crafts: kraft card stock




1 comment:

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOVE these cards!! I love that you made these without stamps--they look fantastic. The third is probably my favorite, but I'm a sucker for the warm tones. :)